Early Bird Registration Rates Extended
Registration for the 43rd COSPAR Scientific Assembly is now open. Please read the registration information carefully before beginning the online registration.
Registration Categories and Rates
The COSPAR 2021 registrations fees are listed below in Australian dollars with conversion rates (as at September 2020) to USD and EUR. All listed registration fees are inclusive of Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Registrations are accepted by credit card (MasterCard, Visa or American Express). A tax invoice may also be provided upon request.Register Now
The early bird rate will be extended to the end of December 2020 and of most importance to presenters at COSPAR-2021-Hybrid, a further-reduced registration fee is available for those presenters who comply with the request to submit their pre-recorded contributions by the end of November. Submitting pre-recorded contributions in time to obtain the reduced rate will allow the organizers of COSPAR-2021-Hybrid to populate the on-line platform for seamless content delivery before 28 January 2021.
A discounted “Presenters Early Bird Rate” has been introduced, that will expire at the end of November 2020. Access to this new rate will be triggered by upload of the presenter’s pre-recordings prior to the end of November. Students, Early Career Researchers and Retirees can immediately access the discounted Early Bird rates for their category, which are already significantly below the Presenter Early Bird Rate
Please note we only accept payment in Australian dollars. International rates are provided only as an indication.
|Registration category (including GST)||Due Date||AUD $||USD $||EURO €|
|Full - Early Bird Registration Presenters Only||by 30 November 2020||715||520||440|
|Full - Early Bird Registration||by 31 December 2020||880||640||540|
|Full - Regular Registration||01-29 January 2021||1300||920||800|
|Student - Early Bird Registration||by 31 December 2020||275||200||170|
|Student - Regular Registration||01-29 January 2021||400||280||250|
|Early Career Researchers / Retirees - Early Bird Registration||by 31 December 2020||495||360||300|
|Early Career Researchers / Retirees - Regular Registration||01-29 January 2021||650||455||400|
|Additional Exhibitor Registration||550||385||340|
* Only full time students are eligible for the student rate. Please provide a copy of your student ID or letter to prove you are a student.
** Students or post-docs less than 5 years since PhD conferral at time of registration
Benefits of attending COSPAR-2021-Hybrid, for Virtual Delegates
The virtual participants in COSPAR-2021-Hybrid will receive:
- Open Access to all Assembly sessions during 27 January - 4 February 2021, starting 1 day before the Assembly. Log in and out at your convenience.
- Access to 100% of the scientific program. In comparison, the average amount of sessions an in-person delegate would normally be able to attend is approximately 3 - 5 sessions/hr, resulting in an average of only 8% of the scientific program.
- Access to over 1,000+ hours of space research on-line content. View content as you require, downloadable until the end of 2021 and stored and viewed on your device for as long as you need.
- Attendees can chat with internal and external colleagues continually during live stream presentations to share insights and observations relevant to their research and business.
- Stream live or watch content on-demand when it fits into your schedule and learn at your own pace, in your own style.
- Access to on-demand content post-event. The COSPAR-2021-Hybrid on-line library of content will be available up until to the end of 2021. This allows ample time to view every session presented at COSPAR-2021-Hybrid and re-watch any sessions.
- Pique your interest with other areas of research that you would not otherwise have the time to attend
- On-line engagement opportunities with global space industry personnel, government agencies and commercial representatives from sponsoring and exhibiting organisations.
- For in-person delegates: access to the same discounted accommodation options, as previously advertised.
- Access to pre-Assembly networking on-line.
- In the lead-up to COSPAR-2021-Hybrid we will be hosting special sessions on-line, including specific talks from COSPAR Commissions and Panels, industry partners and inter disciplinary speakers.
- Ability to schedule meetings and connect with other COSPAR-2021-Hybrid attendees located anywhere around the globe.
Benefits of attending COSPAR-2021-Hybrid, for In-Person Delegates
The in-person participants in COSPAR-2021-Hybrid will receive the following benefits:
- Access to all Virtual Registration benefits plus the below.
- Admission to all Assembly sessions 27 January - 4 February 2021
- In-person engagement opportunities with Australian space industry personnel, government agencies and commercial representatives
- Watch scientific sessions live with colleagues, participate in live global Q&A, but also have the opportunity to discuss with each other in-person
- Access to COSPAR-K – A Space STEM Event and all the interactive activities planned there
- Hands-on exhibitor displays learning and networking
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea daily
- Welcome Reception ticket held on Saturday 30 January 2021
- Delegate materials and giveaways on-site
Opening and Awards Ceremony
Darling Harbour Theatre, ICC Sydney
17:30 – 19:30 Saturday 30 January 2021
Join us for the official opening of COSPAR 2021. Tickets for the Opening and Awards Ceremony are included in your registration fee.
Level 5 Grand Ballroom, ICC Sydney
19:30 – 21:00 Saturday 30 January 2021
Following the Opening Ceremony, delegates are invited to take this opportunity to meet peers from the industry, in a social environment, at our 2021 Welcome Reception. Tickets for the Welcome Reception are included in your registration fee. You can purchase additional tickets through the online registration form for the Welcome Reception.
Only electronic registration is accepted. To register online, go to the registration site and follow the instructions there. An acknowledgement of your registration will be sent upon its receipt and payment.
Registration Cancellation Policy
Deadline: 27 December 2020
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
Once your registration has been completed, there will be no refunds available. The Assembly content will remain on-line and active until 31 December 2021 and remain accessible for registered delegates to view at any time during this period, hence providing full value to any registered parties.
The Assembly Secretariat will not provide any refunds.
Transfer of Registration Notification
Your registration may be transferred to another person by 27 December 2020, except for Presenters who must remain registered in order for their presentation to remain on the COSPAR-2021-Hybrid Platform. In this instance, only a co-author will be permitted as the nominated transfer and must commit to present at least once during the allocated presentation timeslot. The Conference Secretariat must be advised in writing of any alterations or transfers by 27 December 2020.
In registering for this Assembly relevant details (name/country) will be incorporated into a delegate list for the benefit of all attendees and also may be made available to parties directly related to the Assembly including sponsors, exhibitors and future Assembly organisers. Your name and contact information may be used by the Assembly Secretariat and other approved stakeholder, for marketing and managing this and future events of this type. The Assembly Secretariat will comply with the EUGDPR laws in relation to data protection and privacy in the European Union.
Scientific Assembly Postponement
In the event of a postponement all registrations will automatically be transferred to the new Scientific Assembly dates. All components of your registration will also be transferred. If you are unable to attend on the new dates, you may contact the Scientific Assembly Secretariat to request a transfer of your registration to a colleague at no cost.
Scientific Assembly Cancellation
In the event of the cancellation of the Scientific Assembly, all registrations and associated components of attendance will be refunded, minus the AUD$150 administration fee.
Please direct all registration enquiries to
COSPAR 2021 Secretariat
General Assembly Secretariat
GPO Box 3270
Sydney NSW 2001
+61 (0) 2 9254 5000
|Existing abstracts are available for updating
16 September 2020
|New abstracts can be submitted
16 September 2020
|New abstract submission period closes
5 October 2020
|New authors notified of selection outcome
19 October 2020
|Presenter deadline to upload pre-recorded talk and access "presenter early bird rate"
30 November 2020
|Deadline to register @ standard early bird rate
31 December 2020
|Facilitated training with the on-line system for chairs, speakers, and participants
Early January 2021
28 January to 4 February 2021
|Access to pre-recorded content opens
27 January 2021
|Access to pre-recorded content closes
31 December 2021